Specifically made for the rubber industry, you’ll find plasticisers and special boiling point spirits used in a range of everyday and industrial items. Seals, pipes, tubes, gloves, belts and shoes all contain rubber processed using our products. However, the biggest use of rubber is for vehicle tyres, which account for 70% of the world’s rubber, and Total fully supports this industry with high performance products.
Rubber is used for such a versatile range of products, and when it comes to processing different forms of the substance an equally versatile set plasticisers and solvents are required. With Total’s Plaxolene and Plaxene products, you’ll find the fluids you need to manufacture for a whole range of rubber applications. Both have been developed specifically for the rubber industry, and benefits include:
- Versatility to adjust solvency and compatibility in your rubber mix.
- Increase or decrease the viscosity of rubber compounds.
- Process rubber more efficiently, reduce formulation costs
- Improve low temperature performance with low Tg products.
- Improve braking efficiency and fuel consumption (tyres).
- Enhance mechanical properties, used by the top 10 tyre manufacturers.
With many years of experience supplying the rubber industry, we’ve developed two product ranges, each of which contains products refined for specific manufacturing uses.
Plaxolene – aromatic plasticisers used mainly in the manufacture of vehicle tyres, with excellent compatibility with aromatic rubbers such as SBR, BR, CR and Natural Rubber.
Plaxene – paraffinic plasticisers compatible with manufacturing using EPDM and Butyl Rubber (IIR). These rubbers are often used for industrial belts, silent blocks, gaskets, tubes and connectors.